Instead of turning Motion Detection on/off on your Camera devices one by one, you can now integrate Google Assistant with your Android devices to streamline your Alfred experience. Please note that this feature is currently only available in English.
How do I set up Google Assistant on Alfred?
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner:
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Google Assistant
- Tap the authorization code to copy it
- Launch Google Assistant
- Say “Talk to Alfred Camera"
- Tap on "Yes":
- Click on "START":
- Paste the authorization code (step 4) from the Alfred app:
- Tap on AUTHORIZE
Once you've completed the steps above, you should be able to use Google Assistant with AlfredCamera.
How do I use Google Assistant with Alfred?
You can use Google Assistant to turn on/off Motion Detection for all Camera devices at once.
You can either:
- Say "Talk to Alfred Camera," and
- Choose which action you'd like Google to do on Alfred:
- "Turn on Motion Detection"
- "Disable Motion Detection"
- "Arm Motion Detection"
- Tell Google Assistant what to do in a single sentence by saying:
- "Ask Alfred Camera to disarm Motion Detection", or
- "Ask Alfred Camera to enable Motion Detection."