Alfred always tries to establish a direct, or peer-to-peer (P2P), connection between the Viewer and the Camera device. However, firewalls and other operator limitations make P2P connection impossible sometimes.
Here's a quick illustration of what P2P and relay are:
Source: Peer-to-peer vs relay
When P2P is not possible, Alfred relays the data through an intermediate server so that the Viewer and Camera device can still talk to each other.
If you keep seeing messages related to reconnection, try to following troubleshooting tips:
- Connect the Viewer device to another network
- Switch your mobile network type (e.g. 3G/4G/LTE)
- Turn off or remove your VPN if you're using one
- Check if the connection is blocked by your firewall or antivirus software
- Check if the connection is restricted or slowed down by your service provider
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form