Alfred always tries to establish a direct or peer-to-peer (P2P) connection between the Viewer and the Camera device. However, firewalls and other operator limitations might sometimes affect P2P connections.
Here's a quick illustration of what P2P and relay are:
Source: Peer-to-peer vs relay
When P2P connection fails, Alfred relays the data through an intermediate server so that the Viewer and Camera device can still talk to each other.
If you keep getting disconnected from Live every 3 minutes, try to follow the troubleshooting tips:
- Connect the Viewer device to another network
- Switch your mobile network type (e.g., 3G/4G/LTE)
- Disable any VPN or anti-virus service on your phone
- Check if the connection is blocked by a firewall
- Check if the connection is restricted or slowed down by your internet service provider
Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app “Report an Issue” channel. We’ve helped more than 40 million users all over the world. Join our community and get your free personal security system.