Motion Detection Reminder notifies you when your Viewer and Camera devices are sharing the same network and prompts you to turn Motion Detection off.
If Motion Reminder isn't working for you, here are some ways that might help you solve the problem:
- Make sure your Camera and Viewer devices share the same network
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting your Camera and Viewer devices
- Lock Alfred in the background
- Disable battery optimization
Make sure your Camera and Viewer devices share the same network
- Choose the Camera device you want
- Turn on Motion Detection
- Turn on Motion Detection Reminder
- Connect your Camera and Viewer to the same network connection
Try disconnecting and reconnecting your Camera and Viewer devices
- Turn off Motion Detection on the Camera device
- Connect your Viewer to another network connection
- Wait to see if you receive a notification reminding you to enable Motion Detection.
If you do:
- Turn on Motion Detection on the Camera Device
- Connect your Viewer to the same network as your Camera
Once these steps have been completed, you should receive a Motion Detection Reminder from Alfred reminding you to disable MD.
Lock Alfred in the background
If you're using an Android 8.0+, Huawei, Xiaomi, or Oppo device, you can try locking Alfred in the background (when you have an app running but it’s not the focus on the screen).
Disable battery optimization
For Android 8.0+ devices, you can also disable battery optimization to help keep Motion Detection Reminder running smoothly.
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form