Motion Detection is one of Alfred's key features. It uses an algorithm that compares one frame to the next. Once a difference is registered, Motion Detection will be triggered, and a Motion Events video will be recorded automatically.
In this article, you'll find out:
- Motion Detection and its corresponding features
- How to turn on Motion Detection
- How to optimize the Motion Detection performance
Motion Detection and its corresponding features
Here are the free features you can use under Motion Detection:
- Motion Detection notification notifies you when movements are detected
- Motion Detection reminder (Android-only) reminds you to turn off Motion Detection when Viewer and Camera devices share a network
Here are the Premium-only features under Motion Detection:
- A.I.-Powered Person Detection (Person only) only records and notifies you when a person is detected
- Detection Zone enables you to customize your recording area
- Motion Detection Schedule allows you to set up periods of time when you can automatically turn on/off the motion alerts
How do I turn on Motion Detection?
To use Motion Detection:
- Make sure the Camera device is online
- Tap the settings wheel in the Camera’s thumbnail
- Turn on the Motion Detection toggle
When a Motion Detection video is generated, you can check in your Event Book.
How to optimize the Motion Detection performance
How Motion Detection records events depend strongly on the environment. To optimize the Motion Detection performance, please:
- Set your device within 12 meters of the interested objects
- Add enough light to the monitoring area (especially during nighttime)
- Turn on Low-Light Filter when there is no enough light
- Record left-to-right movements (lateral) instead of far-to-near movements (depth)
- Avoid distracting objects (i.e., trees, clouds, flags) and light
- Avoid filming through window screens and panes
- Keep your camera lens clean
Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app “Report an Issue” channel.