Motion Detection is one of Alfred's key features. It uses an algorithm that compares one frame to the next. Once a difference is registered, Motion Detection will be triggered and an Events video will be recorded automatically.
In this article you'll find out:
⚠️Notes: If you're using an Android Camera device, Motion Detection does not work simultaneously with live sessions. Event videos will not be generated either.
Features in Motion Detection
Here are the free features you can use under Motion Detection:
- Motion Detection notification notifies you when movements are detected
- Motion Detection reminder (Android-only) reminds you to turn off Motion Detection when Viewer and Camera devices share a network
Here are the Premium-only features under Motion Detection:
- A.I.-Powered Person Detection (Person only) only registers, records, and notifies you when a person is detected
- Motion Detection Schedule lets you schedule when to automatically turn on/off motion detections
How do I turn on Motion Detection?
To use Motion Detection:
- Make sure the Camera device is online
- Tap on the settings wheel in the Camera’s thumbnail
- Turn on the Motion Detection toggle
- Check your Motion Detection videos in Event Book
You can find more setup tips to optimize Motion Detection's performance in this article.