If you enter a live session and all you see are black screens, you may receive the following error codes:
- 7001: Problem transmitting data. Please make sure you are connected and try again.
- 7008: No internet connection. Please check your network status.
7001 and 7008 are both error codes related to the internet connection of your Viewer device.
In this article, you'll find out:
Check your Camera device stats
Please check your Camera stats before troubleshooting:
- Go to your Camera device
- Tap on the Camera name to check network status
- See if the numbers keep changing.
Troubleshoot based on Camera device stats
If the connection stats constantly change, it means:
- The internet speed is too slow
- The connection between your devices is a relay connection instead of a direct P2P connection
Source: Peer-to-peer vs relay
To try to fix the problem, you can try:
- Starting a new session and waiting for 15 seconds to see if the problem persists
- Connecting the Viewer phone to a different network (office network, free WiFi…)
If the connection stats do not change, it means:
- Alfred is still transmitting image data
- Alfred could not build up a connection between the Viewer and Camera device
Here are a few ways that may get rid of black screens:
- Restart a live session later and wait for a while
- Connect the Viewer device to another network
- Watch Live feed from WebViewer instead
- Check internet connection on Camera device
- Relaunch Alfred from the Camera device
- Avoid pressing the home/power key on the Camera device. Instead, use the power-saving mode:
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form