Our mission is to make home security simple and accessible to everyone. We transform your phone, tablet or PC into a security camera, and you can watch live video with another phone. To set up your home security system, please follow the instructions below:
- Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices
- Step 2 - Download Alfred app
- Step 3 - Pair 2 devices with Alfred
- Step 4 - Make sure you have one Viewer & one Camera
Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices
- Device: Phones or tablets (Both devices are connected to a network)
- Original OS: Android 5.0+ or iOS 8+
(Please learn more about the Internet and storage requirements.)
You will use the 2 devices as a
- Camera to record motions (suggestion: your old phones)
- Viewer to check the feed from your camera device (suggestion: your daily phones)
Step 2 - Download Alfred app
Download Alfred app on your 2 devices from
Step 3 - Pair the 2 devices
Option A : Log in on your 2 devices with the same account
- On the first device - Tap Continue with Google/Apple/Email to log in
- On the second device - Use the same login option to log in with the same account
Option B : Scan the QR code on the Alfred app
- On the first device
- Login with your account.
- Open the menu
- Tap Add Camera to generate an QR code
- On the second device
- Tap Scan to Link to Viewer Device to open an in-app scanner.
- Scan the QR code on the first device.
Step 4 - Make sure you have at least one Viewer & one Camera
Check the app's toolbar on your 2 devices and make sure one is Viewer and another one is Camera. You can switch the Viewer to Camera and vice versa.
Browse this article to find out more tips on optimizing your Alfred experience.
⚠️ Note: Refrain from pressing the power button or home button on your Camera devices. Doing so might put your phone in sleep mode, standby mode, or simply exit the app.