Our mission is to make home security simple and accessible to everyone. We transform your phone, tablet or PC into a security camera, and you can watch live video with another phone. To set up your home security system, please follow the instructions below:
- Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices (mobile or tablet)
- Step 2 - Download Alfred app
- Step 3 - Connect the 2 devices with the same account
- Step 4 - Make sure you have one Viewer & one Camera
Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices (mobile or tablet)
- Device: Phones or tablets (Both devices are connected to a network)
- Original OS: Android 5.0+ or iOS 10+
(Please learn more about the Internet and storage requirements.)
You will use the 2 devices as a
- Camera to record motions (suggestion: your old phones)
- Viewer to check the feed from your camera device (suggestion: your daily phones)
Step 2 - Download Alfred app
Download Alfred app on your 2 devices from
Step 3 - Connect the 2 devices
Devices logged in with the same account will be connected to each other automatically. There are 2 options to connect your devices:
Option A : Log in on your 2 devices with the same account
- On the first device - Tap Continue with Google/Apple/Email to log in
- On the second device - Use the same login option to log in with the same account
Option B : Scan the QR code on the Alfred app
- On the first device
- Login with your account.
- Tap the Camera Tab
- Tap Add Camera to generate a QR code
- On the second device
- Tap Scan to Link to Viewer Device to open an in-app scanner.
- Scan the QR code on the first device.
Step 4 - Make sure you have at least one Viewer & one Camera
Check the app's toolbar on your 2 devices and make sure one is Viewer and another one is Camera.
Browse this article to find out more tips on optimizing your Alfred experience.
⚠️ Note: Refrain from pressing the power button or home button on your Camera devices. Doing so might put your phone in sleep mode, standby mode, or simply exit the app.