Our mission is to make home security simple and accessible to everyone. AlfredCamera helps to turn your device or computer into a security camera, and you only need at least two of them to set up your security systems. You may find our app on Google Play Store or App Store, or you can also use Alfred’s Web on your computer. To set up AlfredCamera on your own devices, please scroll down for a step-by-step guide:
- Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices (mobile or tablet)
- Step 2 - Download Alfred app
- Step 3 - Connect the 2 devices with the same account
- Step 4 - Make sure you have one Viewer & one Camera
Step 1 - Prepare 2 devices (mobile or tablet)
- Device: Phones or tablets (Both devices are connected to a network)
- Original OS: Android 5.0+ or iOS 10+
(Please learn more about the Internet and storage requirements.)
You will use the 2 devices as a
- Camera to record motions (suggestion: your old phones)
- Viewer to check the feed from your camera device (suggestion: your daily phones)
Step 2 - Download Alfred app
Download Alfred app on your 2 devices from
Step 3 - Connect the 2 devices
Devices logged in with the same account will be connected to each other automatically. There are 2 options to connect your devices:
Option A : Log in on your 2 devices with the same account
- On the first device - Tap Continue with Google/Apple/Email to log in
- On the second device - Use the same login option to log in with the same account
Option B : Scan the QR code on the Alfred app
- On the first device
- Login with your account.
- Tap the Camera Tab
- Tap Add a Camera to generate a QR code
- On the second device
- Tap Scan to Link to Viewer Device to open an in-app scanner.
- Scan the QR code on the first device.
Step 4 - Make sure you have at least one Viewer & one Camera
Check the app's toolbar on your 2 devices and make sure one is Viewer and another one is Camera.
Browse this article to find out more tips on optimizing your Alfred experience.
⚠️ Note: Refrain from pressing the power button or home button on your Camera devices. Doing so might put your phone in sleep mode, standby mode, or simply exit the app.