There are two kinds of notifications in AlfredCamera: Motion Detection notifications and battery notifications. Here's how to:
- Turn on/off individual Camera device's Motion Detection notifications
- Turn on/off individual Camera device's battery notifications (Android only)
- Turn on/off all notifications
- Mute all notifications
Motion Detection Notifications
Alfred’s Motion Detection algorithm decides if there has been a "movement" by comparing one frame with the next. Once a movement is detected, you will receive a notification. If you click on the first notification you receive, you will be taken to the Live session. If you click on the second notification you receive, you will be taken to the Event Book.
If you upgrade to Alfred Premium and turn on "Person only", you will only receive Motion Detection notifications when a person is detected.
- Tap on the Camera settings wheel
- Switch the Notifications toggle on/off
Alfred alerts you when your phone is not charging, is low on battery, or is charging slowly. These notifications prevent your Camera device from disconnecting or shutting off. Currently, you can only turn on/off battery notifications on Android devices.
To turn on/off the battery notifications:
- Tap the Camera settings wheel
- Switch the Battery Notification toggle on/off under "Others"
To turn on/off all notifications on your Viewer device, you can either:
- Tap the bell icon in the upper right corner of the home page
- Tap "More"
- Tap "Settings"
- Switch the All Notification toggle on/off under “Notification”
Mute All Notifications
If you'd like to temporarily mute Alfred's notification on your phone:
On iOS devices:
- Swipe left on a notification
- Tap "Manage"
- Tap "Turn Off..."
- Tap "Turn Off All Notification"
On Android devices:
From Alfred's app
- Tap Camera device Settings
- Tap “Notification”
- Select how long you want to mute the Camera device's notification for
- Expand a notification
- Tap “Mute” (may work differently on different devices):
Lastly, if you're using an Android phone, you can customize your ringtone.