HD viewing/recording is an Alfred Premium feature that gives you a clearer view on what's going on at home and what your loved ones are doing. Once you upgrade your account to Premium, all applicable devices will be upgraded to HD automatically. Here are some Q&A to help you get to know the feature:
- What's the difference between standard and HD?
- How do I know if the Camera device is on HD?
- How will I know if the videos are HD?
- How do I change the resolution on my device during Live?
⚠️ Note: If the lens resolution on your Camera device is too low, HD viewing/recording may not be available. However, Alfred always maximizes viewing and recording based on your device's hardware limitations and connection status.
What's the difference between standard and HD?
Instead of speaking in technical terms, here is a visual comparison (provided by our user zangerlerthomas) between standard and HD:
How do I know if the Camera device is on HD?
Once you upgrade to Alfred Premium, all Camera devices under your account will be optimized.
If you're in another account's Trust Circle, the Camera will only be HD if the main holder of the Trust Circle account is a Premium user.
How will I know if the videos are HD?
Your video thumbnails will have an "HD" logo in the top right corner.
How do I change the resolution on my device during Live?
If your Camera device is an iOS device, you can simply click on the triangle button in the bottom right corner of your device to change the resolution:
If your Camera device is an Android device, to change resolution you must first:
- Update the Alfred app on your Camera device to the latest version
- Make sure your Camera device is running on Android 5.0+ and above's operating system
- Set your resolution as "Default" in the Camera device
- Tap on "Try Camera 2.0" in the Camera setting
- Tap on the triangle button in the bottom right corner of your device to change the resolution:
Tap on the Get Premium button below to upgrade to HD viewing/recording right away!