HD viewing/recording is an Alfred Premium feature that gives you a clearer view of what's going on at home and what your loved ones are doing. Once you upgrade your account to Premium, all applicable devices will be upgraded to HD automatically. Here are some Q&A to help you learn about the feature:
- What's the difference between standard and HD?
- Which Camera can be on HD?
- How do I change the resolution on my device during Live?
⚠️ Note: If the lens resolution on your Camera device is too low, HD viewing/recording may not be available. However, Alfred always maximizes recording based on your device's hardware limitations and connection status.
What's the difference between standard and HD?
Instead of speaking in technical terms, here is a visual comparison (provided by our user zangerlerthomas) between standard and HD:
Which Camera can be on HD?
Once you upgrade to Alfred Premium, all Camera devices under your account will be optimized.
If you're in another account's Trust Circle, the Camera will only be HD if the main holder of the Trust Circle account is a Premium user.
How do I change the resolution on my device during Live?
If your Camera device is an iOS device, you can simply click on the triangle button in the bottom right corner of your device to change the resolution:
If your Camera device is an Android device, to change the resolution you must first:
- Make sure your Camera device is running on Android 5.0 and above operating system
- Set your resolution as "Default" on the Camera device
- Tap "Switch to Camera 2.0" in the Camera Settings
- Tap the triangle button in the bottom right corner of your device to change the resolution
Upgrade to Premium and try the HD viewing/recording right away!