There are three types of videos/footage in Alfred: Events, Moments, and Continuous Recording Footage.
🚀 Events are automatically-recorded videos triggered by Motion Detection.
🚀 Moments are manually-recorded videos (max 30 seconds) from Live and manually saved (shared) videos from Event Book.
🚀 Continuous Recording Footage is an 8-hour recording loop video from the Continuous Recording.
Event videos are automatically generated when Motion Detection is triggered. They are stored online in Alfred's secure server. Unless you upgrade to Alfred Premium, the Event videos are kept between 5 to 30 seconds long. If continuous movements last for over 30 seconds, Alfred will break the movements up into multiple clips and group them under one Event Group.
An Event Group is created every 30 minutes to contain all auto-recordings generated within that period. The Events under the Event Groups are saved for 7 days. If you are a Premium user, events recorded during the subscription period will be saved for 14 days.
Here's an illustration showing how to access your events:
Moment videos are manually recorded videos from Live and manually saved (shared) videos from Events. For manually recorded videos, the minimum length is 5 seconds and the maximum length is 30 seconds.
To manually record videos from Live:
- Choose a Camera device to stream Live
- Tap on the "Record" icon to start recording
- Tap on the "Stop" icon to end the recording
- The resulting video recording will be saved in Moments (Tap More > Moment)
⚠️Note: If you tap on the back button at any point during the recording session, the recording session will fail and not be saved.
Continuous Recording Footage
Continuous Recording Footage is an 8-hour recording loop from the Continuous Recording. It is stored on your Camera device and can be viewed from your Viewer device by tapping the Playback button in Live view.
- Make sure your Camera device is online, and Continuous Recording is already turned on
- Tap the camera’s thumbnail on your Viewer device
- Tap the playback button in the bottom left corner
- Tap and drag the timeline to view recorded footage from a specific time. The red bars will show you when motions were captured.
You may also pinch or zoom in to change the scale on the timeline
🙋 Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app "Report an Issue" channel.