As Alfred's mission is to make home security accessible to all, there aren't many requirements to use Alfred. However, one of the few requirements for Alfred to work is a stable internet connection.
Please note that while your device is connected to WiFi, its signals may not be evenly distributed and constant at all times. Also, your internet stability depends on the internet service provider you use. Therefore, most connection issues are out of Alfred's control. In this article, you’ll find some common error codes, connection issues, and troubleshooting tips:
- Types of connection problems
- Status labels in Live feeds
- General tips for improving your connection
- Platform-specific tips (Android/iOS)
Types of connection problems
Here are common connection problems that will cause offline issues:
- 📶 Bad signal or unstable connection on the Camera device
- 🌐 You are using a VPN, or Alfred is blocked by a firewall or other anti-virus services
- 📱 Alfred is interrupted by the phone's system notifications, automatic OS updates, or battery-saving features
- 🔋 The Camera device is out of battery
Status labels in Live feeds
Here are a few tips for you to check the connection between your Camera and Viewer devices. There are some status labels you will see on the top right of the Camera Live feeds. See below to read about what each status label means.
- Reconnecting 💬
The Camera device is trying to reconnect to the network. Please check the stability of your network.
- No Internet ✖️
The Camera device is not connected to the internet. Please check your connection.
- Online 💡
The Camera device is online and ready to go!
General tips for troubleshooting connection issues
- Disable your VPN to ensure a more stable connection
- Check if there’s any firewall or antivirus software blocking Alfred
- Restart your app from time to time
- Set up a more stable network environment for your Camera device
(Do not press the back, home, or power button after opening the app)
- Keep devices plugged into a stable power source
Platform-specific tips (Android/iOS)
🙋 Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app "Report an Issue" channel.