As Alfred's mission is to make home security accessible to all, there aren't a lot of requirements to use Alfred. With that said, a stable internet connection is required for Alfred to work.
Please note that while your device may be connected to the WiFi, WiFi signals may not be evenly-distributed and constant at all times. Connection issues are mostly out of Alfred's control because your internet is controlled by whichever service provider you use. With that said, this article will try to offer you some tips for troubleshooting connection problems.
In this article, you'll find the
- Error codes related to connection issues
- Types of connection Problems
- Troubleshooting tips for improving your connection
Error Codes for Connection Issues
- 5016: This device is offline
- 7004: Server unreachable. Please make sure you are connected and try again.
- 7006: This Camera is offline. Please check the internet connection and power supply.
- 7007: This Camera is offline.
- 7009: This Camera is offline. Please check the power supply.
- 7010: Failed to wake up Camera
Types of Connection Problems
There are a few kinds of connection problems that cause offline issues:
- Bad signal or no connection on Viewer device
- Bad signal or no connection on Camera device
- Disrupted internet connection between Viewer and Camera device
- Reestablishing connection between Viewer and Camera device
Tips for Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Connect to a more stable internet network
- Keep the app running on the screen (Do not press the home and power button)
- Disable battery optimization for Alfred
- Keep devices plugged into a stable power source
- Enable Autostart for Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO, or ASUS Camera devices
- Reboot and clear the cache/data of Alfred.
- Enable Guided Access, Accessibility Shortcut and change "Display Auto-Lock" settings to "Never" on iOS Camera.
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form