As Alfred's mission is to make home security accessible to all, there aren't many requirements to use Alfred. However, one of the few requirements for Alfred to work is a stable internet connection.
Please note that while your device may be connected to the WiFi, WiFi signals may not be evenly distributed and constant at all times. Please note that your internet stability depends on whichever service provider you use. Therefore, connection issues are mostly out of Alfred's control. In this article, we will offer you some tips for troubleshooting connection problems:
In this article, you'll find the
- Error codes related to connection issues
- Types of connection problems
- Troubleshooting tips for improving your connection
Error Codes for Connection Issues
- 5016: This camera device is offline.
- 7004: No internet connection. Please check your network status.
- 7006: This camera device is offline. Please check the internet connection and battery level.
- 7007: This camera device is offline.
- 7009: This camera device is offline. Please check the power supply.
- 7010: Failed to wake up camera.
Types of Connection Problems
Here are several connection problems that will cause offline issues:
- Bad signal or unstable connection on the Camera device
- You are using a VPN or Alfred is blocked by firewall or other anti-virus services
- Alfred is interrupted by the phone's system notification, automatic OS update, or battery-saving features
- The Camera device is out of battery
Tips for Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Disable your VPN to ensure a more stable connection
- Check if there’s any firewall or antivirus software blocking Alfred
- Restart your app from time to time
- Build a more stable network environment for your Camera device
- Prevent the app from running in the background
(Do not press the back, home, and power button after opening the app)
- Keep devices plugged into a stable power source
Tips for Android devices
- Disable battery optimization.
- Set up Alfred's App Lock and adjust system Screen Lock settings:
Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and
- Set Lock after screen timeout to the longest duration
- Disable Power button instantly locks
Tips for iOS devices
- Enable Guided Access, Accessibility Shortcut, and change "Display Auto-Lock" settings to "Never"
- Turn off automatic software update:
Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Customise Automatic Updates and
- Disable Install iOS Updates
- Disable Download iOS Update
Go to Settings > Screen Time > Turn On Screen Time > Continue > This is My iPhone and
- Tap Always Allowed
- Tap next to the Alfred app to add it from the Allowed Apps list
Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app "Report an Issue" channel.