As Alfred's mission is to make home security accessible to all, there aren't a lot of requirements to use Alfred. With that said, a stable internet connection is required for Alfred to work.
Please note that while your device may be connected to the WiFi, WiFi signals may not be evenly distributed and constant at all times. Connection issues are mostly out of Alfred's control because your internet is controlled by whichever service provider you use. With that said, this article will try to offer you some tips for troubleshooting connection problems.
In this article, you'll find the
- Error codes related to connection issues
- Types of connection Problems
- Troubleshooting tips for improving your connection
Error Codes for Connection Issues
- 5016: Loading...Please wait.
- 7004: No internet connection. Please check your network status.
- 7006: This Camera device is offline. Please check the internet connection and battery level.
- 7007: This Camera is offline.
- 7009: This Camera device is offline. Please make sure your Camera device has enough battery.
- 7010: Failed to wake up Camera
Types of Connection Problems
There are a few kinds of connection problems that cause offline issues:
- Bad signal or unstable connection on the Camera device
- Connection is blocked by VPN, firewall, and other anti-virus programs.
- Alfred is interrupted by the phone's system notification, automatic OS update, or battery-saving features.
- The Camera device is running out of power.
Tips for Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Build a more stable network environment for your Camera device
- Keep the app running and focusing on the screen
(Do not press the home and power button)
- Keep devices plugged into a stable power source
Tips for Android devices
- Disable battery optimization.
- Set up Alfred's App Lock and adjust system Screen Lock settings:
Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and
- Set Lock after screen timeout to the longest duration
- Disable Power button instantly locks
- Allow Alfred to draw over other apps (Android 10+ only)
- Advanced settings for these specific brands
Tips for iOS devices
- Enable Guided Access, Accessibility Shortcut and change "Display Auto-Lock" settings to "Never"
- Turn off automatic software update:
Go to Settings > Software Update > Customise Automatic Updates and
- Disable Install iOS Updates
- Disable Download iOS Update
- Set unlimited screen time usage for Alfred
Go to Settings > Screen Time > Turn On Screen Time > Continue > This is My iPhone and
- Tap Always Allowed.
- Tap next to the Alfred app to add it from the Allowed Apps list.
Still have questions? Let us know via the "Report an Issue" channel on the app.