Motion Detection uses an algorithm that compares one frame to the next. Once a difference is registered, Motion Detection will be triggered and an Event video will be recorded automatically. If your notifications are enabled, you will receive a notification when Motion Detection is triggered and when an Event video is generated.
In this article you'll find:
- How to check if Motion Detection is working properly
- Tips for improving Motion Detection's performance
Check if Motion Detection is working properly
- Check internet connection on your Camera device
If the Internet connection cuts off before the video was uploaded, the video upload will fail.
- Make sure Motion Detection has been turned on
- Check if Motion Detection is functioning normally
- Close all live sessions during the test
- Make some movements in front of the Camera
- Confirm that you see a REC sign in the top right corner of the screen
- Confirm that you've received notifications on your Viewer device
- Confirm that Event videos have been saved to the Event Book.
⚠️Notes: If you're using an Android Camera device, Motion Detection does not work simultaneously with live sessions. Event videos will not be generated either.
Tips for improving Motion Detection's performance
- Free up internal storage space
- Reboot your Viewer/Camera
- Optimize your battery's performance
- Disable Camera device from Viewer device when not in use
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form