In this article you'll find:
- Why isn't my camera detecting motion?
- Check if the camera is able to detect motions
- How to report the recording issue to Alfred
Why isn't my camera detecting motion?
- Motion Detection has not been turned on
- The motion isn't strong enough to trigger recording
When an event occurs, it looks like a series of images under the camera's eyes. The camera determines whether there's a motion by comparing the difference between these images. If the camera doesn't record the whole event, it indicates the motion isn't strong enough for your camera to think of it as a motion.
To make the most of Motion Detection, please
- Set your device within 15 meters of interested objects (with high sensitivity)
- Add sufficient light to the monitoring area
- Record side-to-side movements (lateral) instead of far-to-near movements (depth)
- Avoid filming through window screens and panes
- Keep your camera lens clean
If none of the above works, you can also try to change the Motion Detection sensitivity to high.
The internet connection is not stable
If the Internet connection cuts off before the video was uploaded, the video upload will fail.
To improve the connection, you can try to:
- Test your internet connection via speedtest.net
- Connect the camera to a stronger WiFi signal
- If you find any issue with your internet connection, please contact your service provider to find out the root cause.
The Camera device runs out of memory
When your device is running out of memory, it will record shorter videos. Rebooting the device or deleting some unnecessary apps from time to time can improve the app's stability.
The Camera device moves
If you turn on "Pause Detection when Moving", Alfred will stop recording videos when the Camera device moves. You can disable this setting from your Camera device.
- The recording is interrupted by live streaming (Android only)
If you're using an Android Camera device, Motion Detection does not work simultaneously with live sessions. Event videos will not be generated either.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
If none of the above steps work, you might want to uninstall and reinstall the app from the following steps:
- Touch and hold the AlfredCamera app
- Tap Remove App
- Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm
- Go to App Store and search "Alfred Camera" to download it
- Install the appOthers
Check if the camera is able to detect motions
- Close all live sessions during the test (Android only)
- Turn on Motion Detection
- Make some movements in front of the camera (within 15 meters)
- Make sure you see a REC sign on your camera
If you do not see a REC sign, it may indicate that you want to adjust the camera's location
- Make sure Event videos have been saved to the Event Book
How to report the recording issue to Alfred
We are committed to working on smarter Motion Detection. To help us improve the algorithm, please send us a video with issues from the steps below:
- Enter the Event Book
- Choose specific event playback
- Tap the three-dot icon on the top right
- Tap "Report an Recording Issue"
- Choose the problem type
- Check "I agree to give AlfredCamera the permission to use this video to improve product performance" box
- Tap SEND
Still have questions? Let us know via the "Report an Issue" channel on the app's side menu.