We update Alfred regularly to optimize the performance. In this article, you will find out how to
Update Alfred manually
To manually update Alfred to the latest version, please
Set Alfred to update automatically
For Android devices, please
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu My apps & games
- Select Alfred
- Tap More
- Tap Enable auto-update
For iOS devices, please
- Go to System Settings
- Click your name
- Click iTunes & App Store
- Select Turn on App Updates
Note: If Alfred is running on the screen, it will not update automatically.
Update Alfred remotely
If your Camera device is an Android device, you can update the Alfred app remotely. You can update Alfred remotely:
Remote update from PC
- Go to Alfred’s page on Google Play Store
- Click on the green button that says “Installed”.
Make sure to update your Camera and Viewer devices to the latest version to get the best performance.
Remote update from mobile
To update your Camera device to the latest version on your mobile phone:
- Open Chrome browser
- Request desktop website
- Long press this link "Alfred’s page on Google Play Store"
- Choose "Open in a new tab" (you cannot do this through the Google Play Store app.)
- Press "Installed" and a menu for your device will appear.
- Select the appropriate device
- Tap INSTALL
- Wait for five minutes
- Refresh Alfred. Device should be updated.
If you're unable to update the app due to compatibility issues, read this article.