One of the few requirements for Alfred to work is a stable Internet connection. However, if you are experiencing connection or "camera offline" issues, please first see the General Tips. Then see below for more specific tips only for iOS devices. In this article, you will learn how to avoid your iOS Camera devices going offline 🚫:
Enable Guided Access
Guided Access is an iOS feature that allows you to lock a single app on the screen to prevent people from closing the app or accessing other apps on your device.
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap on "Accessibility"
- Tap on "Guided Access"
- Switch on the "Guided Access" toggle
- Tap "Passcode Settings" and set up the passcode
- Switch on the "Accessibility Shortcut" toggle
- Change "Display Auto-Lock" settings to Never
- Go to the AlfredCamera app on your phone and Triple-click the power button (unlock with your PIN code first if App Lock is enabled on the Alfred app)
- Click on "Start" in the upper right corner
⚠️ Note: To disable Guided Access, please triple-click the power button > enter passcode > click on "End"
Turn off automatic software update
- Open "Settings" on your device
- Tap "General"
- Tap "Software Update"
- Tap "Automatic Updates"
- Disable "Install iOS Updates"
- Disable "Download iOS Update"
Set unlimited screen time usage for Alfred
- Open "Settings" on your Camera device
- Tap "Screen Time"
- Tap "Turn on Screen Time"
- Tap "Continue"
- Tap "This is My iPhone"
- Tap "Always Allowed"
- Tap next to the Alfred app to add it from the Allowed Apps list
- Why do my devices go offline (including error code 7004/7006/7007/7009/7010)?
- Connection Tips for Android Devices
- 🙋 Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app "Report an Issue" channel.