Unfortunately, Alfred does not remember the resolution you chose from the last setup, which means the resolutions in Live might sometimes start with Standard due to a slow internet speed. You can manually switch the resolution to HD while viewing the Live feed. However, please rest assured that this resolution setting only applies to Live streaming's quality. For Premium users, all Motion Detection Events are recorded in HD resolution by default.
If you would like to improve your network connection, please try the tips below:
- 📶 Use a WiFi analyzer app to find an area with a strong signal, and place your Camera there
- ✖ Delete unnecessary apps to save bandwidth (⚠️ Keep Google Play Service for Alfred to work)
- 🌐 Move your router or install a WiFi extender if you have trouble getting a signal in the area that you need a camera
- 📱Assign bandwidth priority for Alfred: https://www.howtogeek.com/75660/the-beginners-guide-to-qos-on-your-router/
- HD Viewing/Recording
- Why is the video quality not as good as the videos I record on my device?
- Why is my live streaming so blurry?
🙋 Still have questions? Let us know via the in-app "Report an Issue" channel.