Under normal circumstances, Google Play automatically renews and charges for your subscriptions. This recurring charge may happen on a monthly or yearly basis depending on the subscription you've chosen. However, if there's a problem with your payment method (i.e. the credit card you provided doesn't work), your subscription may be cancelled. To allow you to continue to use Alfred, we temporarily put your account on hold until you're able to update your payment method.
In this article you'll find out:
- Why subscription renewals fail
- How to fix payment method issues?
- Why Premium account isn't restored after the payment method has been updated
- Why Alfred's order can't be found in Google Play
⚠️Note: This is only applicable to Android Google Play Accounts
Subscription renewal has failed
If you see the message below, your payment method most likely failed when we tried to automatically renew your subscription on Google Play. Under such circumstances, your account will enter "account hold" for 30 days. Simply update your payment method within 30 days and you can continue to enjoy all of your Premium benefits. As long as your payment method is updated within the time frame, you do not need to re-subscribe.
Fix payment method issues
Simply click on the following link to update your payment method: https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions. Additionally, we suggest that you set up a secondary payment method (i.e. a second credit card). If the primary payment method fails, Google Play will charge your secondary payment method to ensure that your subscriptions and benefits are continued.
Why isn't my Premium account restored after I've updated my payment method?
It might take our system some time to process the new payment. Please wait for a few minutes and restart the app. Once this has been done, your Premium membership should be restored.
I can't find my Alfred order in the Google Play Store
There may be 2 reasons why you're unable to find your Alfred order in the Google Play Store:
- You have used a different Play Store account to subscribe to Alfred
- Please sign into the account you previously used to download Alfred to manage your subscriptions
- Your account hold period (30 days) has ended and your subscription has been cancelled.
- To fix this, simply subscribe to Alfred again to continue to enjoy Premium benefits.
Still have questions? Let us know on the feedback form