Tired of getting tons of false alarms triggered by moving trees, the reflection of the light, or other irrelevant movements?
With our latest feature Detection Zone, you can now set Alfred to record motion happening only inside a specific area you want! Any movement happens outside of the Detection Zone will not be triggered (ie: Camera device will not send notifications or record videos.)
In this article, you'll learn about
How do I set up a Detection Zone?
- Upgrade to Alfred Premium first
- If you are using an Android Camera device, make sure it is in Camera 2.0 version.
- Tap the Camera Settings wheel of the camera you want to set up with
- Switch on Motion Detection
- Tap Detection Zone
- Enable Detection Zone and you will see a colored box appear
- Drag the dots of the colored box to adjust Detection Zone
- After finishing the setup, tap Back (<) in the upper left corner to save the changes
⚠️Note: If you zoom in or rotate the image after applying a detection zone, the zone will adjust itself automatically to record the same area.
(Here is an example of how Detection Zone works after zooming in)
Tip: If you still receive too many unwanted alerts after setting up Detection Zone, it's time to set Motion Detection to record in "Person Only" mode!
What are the requirements to use Detection Zone?
1. You are a Premium user
2. Your Camera device meet the following requirements:
|OS version||Android 5.0+||n/a|
|Camera version||Camera 2.0||n/a|
How to change your Camera version to Camera 2.0?
- Go to your Camera Device
- Tap on the Camera Settings wheel
- Tap Switch to Camera 2.0